Recently I started re-watching Parks and Recreation and have already written about my favourite moments in Season 1.
Okay, so most people, especially people who haven’t seen the entire show, would have struggled through those six lukewarm episodes, but hoorah! You made it to season 2 and things are warming up quickly.
It starts off with a gay penguin marriage and ends off with Ben and Chris being introduced, but it still has Mark Brendanawicz.
- The introduction to Dave and every scene with Dave. Louis C.K plays a very awkward police officer who is somehow smart and daft as the same time. As sweet as he was, he and Leslie did not suit each other.
- The entire Practice Date episode:
Leslie’s stories about everything that has actually happened to her on a first date, and the entire sequence of practice dating with Ann. Asshole Ann is my favourite Ann.
Thanks to this episode, we now have an alternative term for toilet… THE WHIZZ PALACE and we were introduced to DUKE SILVER.
3. The made-up ridiculous rules in Venezuela
4. When all the doctors and nurses attended Ann’s Halloween party as doctors and nurses. Ha!
Every single thing about Tammy.
The fact that Ron has married two Tammys and that his mother’s name is Tammy.
The fact that Ron and Tammy are actually married in real life.
And this amazing, ridiculous hatred they have for the library, “The worst person in the world working at the worst place in the world”
6. All the reasons Leslie listed as to why being a woman led to her accidentally shooting Ron (which she didn’t).
7. Featuring Will Arnett, because I love Will Arnett and I really, really loved them together, in real life, not in the show, he was terrible in the show.
8. GALENTINES DAY. LESLIE WROTE EACH OF THEM A 5000 WORD PERSONALISED ESSAY ON WHY SHE LOVES THEM. GET ME A LESLIE PLEASE.
9. Jean-Ralpheo and his ridiculous hair. I hate Jean-Ralpheo (but also, I love him).
“I AM GOING TO SHOW THIS LOG I FOUND, IT’S GOT LIKE, FIFTY WORMS ON IT, I CALL IT WORM LOG”
11. This scene, because when I am overwhelmed, I think about it.
12. April and Andy’s romance starting out. I never would have thought they should be together, but dammit, they have to be together!
13. This gif was born
14. Introducing Chris and Ben, and saying good bye to Mark!
15. All of these Ron moments:
I absolutely loved this season, and if I am not mistaken, I may have loved Season 3 even more. Watch this space.